Saturday 31 January 2009

A bit of a non-entry

Uhhhhhhh. I can't remember the last time I was in bed before 1am, possibly even 2. I think my average bedtime of 3 is starting to take its toll. I'm definitely feeling like my stay in Toronto needs to be drawing to a close - which it is. Various people have now gone their separate ways and Jade and I are going to Montreal for a few days on the 7th and after that I'm going to Vancouver, and hopefully, Whistler. Just need to sort out work, and by that I mean find an opportune moment to quit, because I'm down for a shift on the 7th as well.

People have asked me several times during the last 3 weeks whether I'm missing England and each time I've given a resounding 'no' (sorry!) but I think I'm going through a phase of, if not feeling homesick, very much noticing that I don't have my usual, stable network of family and friends around me. Probably very much exacerbated by the fact that I'm actually exhausted - I was planning on an early night last night, but, once again, the club called and we danced away til 2, drank tea til 3 etc etc. Ironically, I'm sort of glad I've got a nightmare shift at work this afternoon (3-11) as hopefully I really won't feel like heading out afterwards (and more to the point, everyone will have already left, who might take me with them!).

Speaking of dear old Tim H's, there was a brand new person working there yesterday; in comparison I felt like quite the expert! Twas a nice feeling :-) But any amount of loyalty that might have been growing inside me for the place was swiftly dashed yesterday when I saw that I was working 9-5 next Saturday when I plan to be on a coach to Montreal.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Fi!
    We've actually just had a lot of snow here too - some of my pics are on www.flickr.com/photos/jonturnbull - however, don't think that it's anywhere near as cold as it will be over there!

    You sound like you must be exhausted, I haven't been up til 3 for too long now ;-). Can imagine it must be hard being over there too as the initial excitement may have worn off slightly but it won't last long - think as long as you get some sleep it will all feel better, promise!

    Anyway, great to see your pics on Facebook, will continue to read the blog :-)
    take care,
    j
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jon, lovely to hear from you! I'm feeling lots better now, think it was just a couple of meh days, but everyone's allowed a few of those, eh?! I'm heading to Montreal for a week tomorrow and then Vancouver/Whistler after that, yeay!!
    F x

    ReplyDelete