Wednesday 16 September 2009

Things return to normal....for now...

Just under a week ago I waved farewell to the last member of my family and headed back on the new skytrain route to reality. As of Saturday I have been back at work, something that I've enjoyed greatly, catching up with friends there, having more structure to my days and earning back the money shelled out in August. Straight back into the deep end as Meika is off next week so I'll be doing tons of overtime (and a good thing too says my bank account). Although, I have just discovered the joys of delayed pay schedules and vacation pay meaning that I had two cheques waiting for me on my return so wasn't quite as broke as I thought I was.

It's good to be back to normal. The room is tidy, a routine is gradually coming back. The inches lost all that time ago shivering on a beach in Tofino are hinting of a return, although budgeting on food might send them dropping off again. I'm running with workmates in a charity 5km race in a few weeks so am training for that - and will head out in a few minutes for a rainy jog.

Times, they are a changing. The sun is appearing less and less and the rain has taken it's place. The housemates are going their separate ways in November. Off to travel, move to different parts of Canada, return home to Germany, or find new housemates. Chris has already moved in with his girlfriend, Christine. Q and I are planning a trip to Chicago to see his friends Kurt and Jenny and then I'm heading to Toronto, Montreal and New York with some friends from home. The future's up in the air a bit, but no more so than it has been for the rest of the year at different points. So watch this space for news - with a bit more happenening, hopefully I will be more active in relaying it here!

A bientot, mes amis!

No comments:

Post a Comment